If you’re not familiar with Gary Chapman’s, The Five Love Languages, it is a book that outlines how one expresses and experiences love. Now, the book narrows it down to love between people, but have you ever felt that you might love your hair more than people? Don’t worry, us too. That is why we decided to take the 5 languages of love and make them applicable to the relationship between you and your hair. We’ve broken down the different ways you can express love to your hair depending on its love language.
If your hair’s love language is receiving gifts there are a ton of ways that you can express your love. Everyone feels special when they get a gift, so show your hair that you truly appreciate it! Here are ways to express your love through giving gifts!
- Give your hair a mask once a week! We personally love Redken’s Color Extend Rich Recovery mask.
- Wash your hair with sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfates can make your hair feel dry, make your color fade faster and even strip your hair of its natural oils. Your hair will feel the love when you decide to start using a sulfate free shampoo like Redken’s Color Extend Magnetics Sulfate-Free Shampoo.
- Give your hair a nice moisturizing oil mask. Check out Redken’s Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine. This can leave your hair glowing with strong.
- Leaving your conditioner sit on an extra 5 minutes. Five minutes may not seem like much to you but it will mean the world to your hair!
- Take the time to let your hair air dry vs using a blow dryer. As great as a blow dryer is for your schedule, it’s not so awesome for your hair. Let’s be honest, any kind of heat really isn’t great for your hair. So, wake up a little earlier, put your blow dryer down and let your hair do its thing. Trust us, your hair will appreciate your time!
- Consulting your hairstylist and ask them what would be best for you hair. Sometimes the urge to do something new and wild with your hair is overwhelming. Next time you start to get those feelings, head to your salon and talk it through with your stylists. Make sure that you are making the best choice. Your hair will not be happy if it has to grow out another unplanned pixie cut.
- Give yourself a compliment here and there. You know those days where your hair is doing exactly what it should be and it just looks, well, perfect? Say it out loud. Tell your hair it looks good, no one should be ashamed of good hair.
- Going to the salon and getting a service. It’s nice to be taken care of and pampered. Your hair thinks so too! Get your booty into the salon and give your hair the service it deserves! You can get all types of services to show your hair that you care, such as:
– Blow dry
– Deep condition
We don’t just mean touching your hair all willie nillie, we mean putting a little thought into it. Touches of thoughtfulness with make your hair feel more loved than ever. When your hair feels good, it looks good! Express your love to your hair with physical touch by:
- Combing your hair with a gentle comb or brush. Stop with the ripping and pulling. Invest in a good brush or comb and be gentle with your touch.
- Stop letting it get all tangled while you sleep. Give it a loose braid before you head to bed and you won’t have to worry about that anymore!
Share The Love!
Showing your hair love is showing yourself, love! What are some of the ways that you show your hair that you love it? Tell us in the comments! Are you a lover of hair? Check out our cosmetology program!
Don’t be in such a hurry to rush through everything. Slow down and remember that it’s important to give yourself time for things that really matter, like your hair! Express your love to your hair with quality time by:
Words of Affirmation
Words allow us to build one another up. When your hair has confidence, you have confidence. Express your love to your hair with words of affirmation by:
Acts of Service
Showing your love through services can get a bit tricky, but the trick is to provide your hair with the service that it really needs. Be sure to pay attention and keep in mind what kind of services would be the most beneficial to your hair. Express your love to your hair with acts of service by: